When I started to sew 6 months ago, I had no clue where to start. Thanks for YouTube, Doctor google and most importantly those lovely bloggers, I continue to develop this new skill. I am addicted.
I would like to share with you my sewing journey. For the beginners out there, if I can do it, you can too. If you can use a sewing machine and sew straight lines, you are all set to start these beginner projects, useful and quick.
My first sets of projects are all about a shape,rectangle.
Project One: Drawstring bags
We need two rectangles or one if you fold it in half to make a drawstring bag. This is a very versatile project. You could use it as a laundry bag,a toy bag. a gift bag, a shoe bag and etc. The list goes on.
- Cut two rectangles or a big one then fold it in half
2. Place two rectangles right sides ( the sides will be the outside of a bag) together
3. If your fabric is directional, make sure the patterns facing the same way.
4. measure the size of your strings for casing
5. Sew three sides together ( normally one short side and two long sides). Don’t sew the casing side.
6. Leave the side ( red rectangle) of the casing open as shown. You will feed the string from there later.
7. Fold over the casing then stitch the casing on all around.
8. Turn the bag inside out and insert your choice of a string with a safety pin. You are done!
One very happy customer.
A laundry bag.
A floral bag.
What will you be using your drawstring bags for?