Following my “rectangle” sewing projects and my design to have a tidy house. I am going to sew some cable tidies.
Our life is dominated by digital products. We all have mobile phones, numerous cameras, tablets and so on. My drawer is full of different charging cables. Looks like this……
One day, I decided that I had enough of untangling the cables every time I try to charge my mobile phone. I used some of my scraps and made those……
They are super easy to make. Here is how……
- Cut two rectangles, the length of the rectangle should fit around your cables.
- Sew the two rectangles with right sides together, but please leave an opening as indicated with pins on the picture below.
- Trim the sewed sides and corners to reduce the bulk.
- Turn the rectangles inside out.
- Close the opening.
- Add a form of fastening. I used KAM snap. Velcro should work too. Ta Da!
I was very pleased and I made just a few more.
P.S I just have had a thought. These cable tidies could also be used to tidy your Christmas decorations and lights; or as a coffee mug warmer. Additionally, if you make the rectangle bigger enough, it could be used as a coaster or a baby blanket.
What would you use these rectangles for? I love to hear your comments. I will post my sew organisation actions with you every Wednesday. Until then, happy sewing and tidying!