Following Zach’s obsession in baking scones, he made another batch of scones for us on Sunday. This time, he used micro Easter eggs instead of cheese.
It is almost Easter already?!
The recipe is an adaptation of a classic scone recipe.
- Mix 225 grams self-raising flour, a pinch of salt with 40 grams butter or margarine. The mixture should look like bread crumbs.
- Add 90grams of micro Easter eggs.
- Add about 110mls milk to the mixture to form a smooth dough. You may need to add a little more if the dough is a bit dry.
- Pad the dough out about 2cms thick.
- Bake the scones in a pre-heated oven, 200°C fan oven for 15 mins or until they are risen and golden.
We made a little cooking video. Here it is……
- To adapt this recipe to a dairy free version, use dairy free spread and milk (same weight or volume).
- If you cannot find micro Easter eggs, use chocolate chips instead.
what else would you like to add in your scones?
Please comment below.