We just came back from our weekend away in Iceland. It has been fun and exhausting at the same time.
Prior to this trip, I planned a getaway wardrobe for Zach. Since we travel via Wow air which charges every single piece of luggage, as a “mean” mum, I decided to plan a flexible and minimalist wardrobe for Zach to reduce our luggage allowance.
The weather in Iceland is variable, even within a day. One minute, we had sunshine and the next minute, it was storm and windy. With that in mind, Every piece in this Look book is great for layering.
This is a little video …
Zach’s holiday wardrobe contains
- Boiled wool Jodhpur styled trousers- a modified sewing pattern from a Japanese Kids’ sewing book
- A pair of leggings – I drafted the pattern according to Zach’s pre-owned running leggings
- A muscle T (Vest)- self drafted pattern using Zach’s current vest
- A rolled collar pattern- self drafted pattern
- A fleece hoodie- a sewing pattern from Burda 6602. I cut a size six for Zach and then considerably reduced the length of the bodice and sleeve length. I am very happy with the final produce. It is an oversized hoodie.
- A fleece hat- a sewing pattern from a Japanese Kids’ sewing book
- Zach’s ski coat was purchased two years ago from Muddy Puddles, an online children’s cloth website.
- Zach’s waterproof boots are from Clarks.
- Zach’s Ski gloves are gifted by his great-grand Nana.
What is your holiday wardrobe?